Steam - I Thought We Were Friends!!!!!

I'm all for Steam. I think it's great, really useful and something I feel is great to use. It's been around for a while now (since 2003 on Windows) and a lot of people have found it incredibly useful. Including myself. And, don't get me wrong by this - I do still love it (love maybe is the wrong word for a piece of software - but hey, we'll use it anyway) however a couple of weeks ago it annoyed me.

Picture this: the Steam Summer sale was reaching the last day. As of then I hadn't purchased a thing, because of my promise to myself at the beginning that I wouldn't. But then it all began. My friend had been going on about how good Assassin's Creed 2 was (he'd bought it a few weeks prior to the sale I believe) and, since we have a similar taste in games - he suggested I buy it in the sale. At that point it was slightly (but not much) cheaper than normal, and I figured it wasn't going to get any more discounted in the next day; so I broke my promise, and splashed out the £5.99 on the game. Little did I know that 20 minutes later it would be reduced again (as I had thought it would not do) down to £2.99.

Now, I know that isn't much money but it's almost as if Steam was saying to itself "Let's just wait - he'll buy it then we reduce it!!!" A speech which would obviously have an abundance of evil laughs and a smug look on Steam's face. Does Steam have a face? I don't know. As I said, it's a piece of software - I doubt it does have one.

Anyway - Steam annoyed me that day. But I shall move on, and - like a true man - I shall not mention it again. Probably. Maybe I will if it's a slow news week.

--------------------------------

Want to find out for yourself if Steam has a face? Download it here!

Comments

Popular Posts