Tomb Raider Review: Part 4 - Was It Fun?

In the final part of our Tomb Raider Review, we ask the all important question; was it fun? Apologies for this being so late, I've been super busy this week. Thanks for understanding!

I love Tomb Raider. I love everything about it. I love the story, I love the characters, I love how the game feels to play and how combat works. In fact there isn't anything I hate at all. Sure, I'm not a huge fan of the UI in the game, but it isn't so bad that it really impacts on my overall experience.

Over the course of my time in the World, I've blown things up, blown people up, shot people with arrows, with pistols - you name it. There's such an extensive collection of weapons to choose from, that you can run into any situation with, that you can reply the entire game using a different weapon everytime and have a completely different experience.

Not only do I love the main story, but I also love the collectibles that you can either choose to ignore, or try and get them all. When you start, you want to carry on doing it, and finding out the story of how all these people got to the island - and why they're still here. Without giving too much away, the compelling story of the island is something I speculated on from the moment I started - I really wanted to know what was going to happen to me as Lara, but also to the people around me, and the others on the island.

Something to note for those wondering, you can only play as Lara in the game - there is no male character. Just as it should be really. As a guy who normally plays as a guy in games it made no difference to me, and I don't think there will ever be a guy character to play as, despite the reboot loosing the "Lara Croft" from the title. Obviously that has nothing to do with how fun it was, but I wanted to clarify.

As well as being able to find obscure stories on the island of Yamatai, you can also choose whether or not to go into optional tombs for extra loot. I recommend doing these, as they're really fun, and help get that 100%!

I've loved every second of my time in Tomb Raider, and would gladly go back again. 

Comments

Popular Posts